Community and neighborhood parks, as well as certain trails in Open Space parks, are open for passive purposes only (walking, jogging, or hiking) or for members from the same household to congregate. Beginning Monday, May 18, community and neighborhood park parking lots began opening up to 50% capacity.
However, there are specific restrictions and safety guidelines that families must follow in accordance with the health officer order. Some of the guidelines, like wearing a mask and limiting visits to members of your household only, are essential so the entire community can enjoy the emotional and physical benefits provided by trails.
- Passive use only (walking, jogging, biking or hiking).
- Maintain social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet at all times.
- Wear recommended face covering when in the park and on the trail.
- No congregating or participating in organized group activities or active sports.
- Do not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary physical contact.
- Do not enter the park or trails if you have a cough or fever.