After two months spent stuck at home with the occasional escape of taking a walk around the neighborhood or traveling to the grocery store, some stores, hiking trails, and golf courses have reopened as of Saturday, May 9.
It will be a welcome relief to be outside again.
However, there are specific restrictions and safety guidelines that families must follow in accordance with the health officer order. Some of the guidelines, like wearing a mask and limiting visits to members of your household only, are essential so the entire community can enjoy the emotional and physical benefits provided by trails.
- Physical distancing of 6 feet always required. No group gathering allowed on trails or in the parking lot.
- Limit visit to members of your household only.
- Trail users over the age of 2 are required to wear face coverings at trailheads, parking lots and while on the trail.
- Alert trail users of your presence and step aside to let others pass.
- Bring water, hand sanitizer and/or disinfecting wipes to wash or sanitize hands frequently.
- Practice the leave-no-trace principles on the trails to protect park staff and wildlife.